Mouat "pleased" to fly the LGBTQ+ banner at the Winter Olympics

 There will be a record number of our competitors - somewhere around 36 - contending at the Winter Olympics in Beijing this year, as indicated by SB Nation blog Outsports.


Among them is British styler Bruce Mouat, who has been talking during the Games about turning out in 2014.


"It's peculiar to think back and figure I could never have come out at last," Mouat said in the wake of beating China in the blended pairs cooperative gathering match on Sunday.


"I don't have the foggiest idea where I would be, however, I don't know whether I would have been pretty much as certain as I am at this moment.


"I'm an exceptionally glad individual and I like to have a little joke and a snicker and be pleased with who I am and who I've become as a result of it."


Mouat and blended copies accomplice Jen Dodds passed up a bronze in the blended duplicates after a 9-3 loss against Sweden on Tuesday yet will contend again in the people's contests later in the Games.


Mouat, who is 27 and contending at his first Olympics, has been seen brandishing rainbow bands in Beijing in fortitude with the LGBTQ+ people group.


"Bruce is an astounding individual," Dodds said of her accomplice. "It doesn't make any difference assuming he's straight, gay, whatever, he is only an astounding companion, perhaps my closest companion."

Comments